What is ISO 37001?
DAS is the representative of SMG Inc Canada under an agency agreement to provide 3rd party certification services for multiple standards as per below mentioned Schedule of Accreditation, SMG is holding Accreditation form International Accreditations Services -IAS USA and IAS is the member of International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
ISO 37001 was published in 2016 and is the international standard for anti-bribery management systems. The standard is designed to assist organizations in implementing and maintaining specific measures which assist them in preventing, detecting and addressing bribery across the organization and its business activities.A structured approach to build trust and transparency, managing risks and safeguarding your company’s reputation.
This could include:
- Bribery activities conducted by the organization
- Bribery activities conducted against the organization
ISO 37001 provides requirements and guidance for any organization to establish, implement, review and improve an anti-bribery management system. Managing risks related to bribery and other forms of corruption is vital to succeed commercially. ISO 37001 certification can assure stakeholders that effective anti-bribery measures are in place, maintained and continually improved.
ISO 37001:2016 is applicable only to bribery. It sets forth management system requirements designed to help you prevent, detect and respond to bribery as well as comply with anti-bribery laws and voluntary commitments applicable to the organization’s activities.
Other aspects, such as fraud or money laundering can be included in the management system scope in accordance in accordance with relevant legislation and best-practices. ISO 37001 covers bribery:
- by the organization, its personnel or business associates acting on the organization’s behalf or for its benefit;
- of the organization, its personnel or business associates in relation to the organization’s activities.
A compliant management system must implement measures and controls to help prevent, detect, and deal with bribery. These should cover:
- anti-bribery policy;
- management leadership, commitment and responsibility;
- personnel controls and training;
- risk assessments;
- due diligence on projects and business associates;
- financial, commercial and contractual controls;
- reporting, monitoring, investigation and review;
- Corrective action and continual improvement.
Certification to ISO 37001 supports your anti-bribery management system efforts by verifying that the:
- standard’s requirements are addressed;
- necessary controls are in place within your own organization and across your entire value chain;
- company has adequate and proportionate procedures in place to actively prevent bribery;
- Management system supports compliance with applicable anti-bribery legislation.
While certification to ISO 37001 cannot guarantee that bribery will not occur, it verifies that you have a structured management system in place to prevent such situations.